Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in /customers/8/e/3/bluesaga.org/httpd.www/include/header.php on line 2 Blue Saga - Free indie MMORPG - Classic Video: Edan and Appla chase Sheo

Back to the forums
Classic Video: Edan and Appla chase Sheo
Pages: 12

Next

Quacky posted on 18/05/17 21:57
Quote Post
Level: 50
Server:
Classic Server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYC93GKJBdM

When old Blue Saga was a brutal world and nowhere was safe! This was shortly before my time, but I remember the guild rivalries and all the PK drama before safe zones were implemented.

Anybody want to share some PvP stories from the early days?
Natas posted on 19/05/17 08:36
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty: 520
Bounty rank:
Sailor
Oh man, I could talk for hours about all the PvP goodness that's went down in this game. XD But let's seee, here is some stuffz:

- Well firstly, it was Pando and I who got PvP really going by killing Atofu's crew, The Fleet. Before then, PvP was sorta rare-ish and I think Skyzo was the only real big killer. Anywho, Pando basically asked me one day if I wanted to kill Atofu and I was like sure. Lol. We expected The Fleet to come back at us and start a cool war to make the game a bit more interesting, because everyone was pretty much just grinding PvE. We never killed Atofu, because he was always a sneaky little bugger running away, but we did kill Alleykitten, Slash and I think Zeek. We offered to stop if they paid us like 150 gold or something, but Atofu refused. We eventually stopped anyway though because they started complaining basically. And yeah, PvP was pretty much cray-cray ever since then.

- When Edan and Appla first joined, they leveled super fast and I was like whoa whoa whoa, because I thought they were planning to kill me(Edan also later admitted they were. =p), so I spam-killed them to keep them from leveling... that is, until Ana came online one time and told me to stop, and he even killed me. Lol.

- Oh, and I'll never forget the time I hunted down Atofu and FINALLY almost killed him. I had him trapped in a corner I think and we were both just hitting each other over and over while using pots. We musta sat there for like 10 mins straight almost. I ended up running outta pots first so he killed me, but before I could come back to get my soul, he used his then-mod powers to restart the server so I couldn't. I told Skull he abused his powers, which caused everyone to call out everyone for abusing their powers and Skull took away all mod powers from everyone basically. Lol.

Hmmmm, I guess those are the best ones I can remember. =p
Quacky posted on 19/05/17 09:09
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
That was a good read Natas! Interesting history.

Was there a level restriction on who you could attack? I remember players getting killed in Green Leaf, lol, it was brutal.
Natas posted on 19/05/17 11:44
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty rank:
Sailor
Was there a level restriction on who you could attack? I remember players getting killed in Green Leaf, lol, it was brutal.
said Quacky
Nope. Skull always wanted super open PvP so he allowed a level 100 to kill a level 1. Lawl. He eventually did make it so you couldn't be attacked until level 11 I think, but still. Brutal indeeeed.
Flume posted on 21/05/17 00:40
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty: 344
Bounty rank:
Deck Hand
I didn't played back then sadly.
But when i joined up with natas and pked around i had a good time.Hunting those nabs,grinding legends,make people rage...damn such a good time
I really enjoyed this game,sadly it's where it is right now.
Will never forget my expirence here :)
Natas posted on 24/05/17 02:23 - Last edited on 24/05/17 02:25
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty rank:
Sailor
I really enjoyed this game,sadly it's where it is right now.
said Flume
Funnily enough about this thread, it's the PvP that ultimately killed this game. I mean, even before PvP got outta control the playerbase was small, but that was mainly due to lack of features/content and not being advertised much. I think if those things had been addressed and PvP had been balanced properly, this game coulda went on to have a decently sized playerbase.

But the PvP was just too imbalanced. Even when it was only Pando and I killing, I said it's only a matter of time before more killers come too, which is exactly what happened. So even when Pando had quit and I wasn't killing so much, others were still killing constantly. And the ones being killed had no way to deal with the killers because of the imbalance, was simply impossible. Skull did try to balance it with the safe-zones, but all that did was not allow the imbalanced PvP to happen in certain areas, not balance the imbalanced PvP itself. I think Skull's thinking was he wanted PvP super open and without much balance in general. I think he wanted players being killed to rely on friends/crew members to back them up, because he eventually wanted alotta crew vs. crew stuff for the game, but the playerbase was just too small to ever make that a realistic option.

Will never forget my expirence here :)
said Flume
But yeah, me neither broski. Me neither. =))))
Quacky posted on 24/05/17 19:50
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Yeah I always wanted to experience huge Crew vs. Crew action, but most fights were usually 2v2's and 1v1's. Imagining a 5v5 out on the emerald sea was exciting to think about.

What do you think were the biggest imbalances within the PvP itself? Was it a certain class, specific abilities, game mechanics, etc?
Natas posted on 25/05/17 08:19 - Last edited on 25/05/17 08:24
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty rank:
Sailor
What do you think were the biggest imbalances within the PvP itself? Was it a certain class, specific abilities, game mechanics, etc?
said Quacky
Here's an old thread of mine that sums most of my thoughts up: http://www.bluesaga.org/forums/topic.php?id=650

I also made a really in-depth post about how I thought classes themselves should be balanced, but it was in image format and unfortunately I deleted the image a long time ago. =( But here's the thread at least anyway: http://www.bluesaga.org/forums/topic.php?id=1040

You can also of course go back and read other old threads/posts if you'd like to. =)
Quacky posted on 26/05/17 01:49
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Ahhh, yeah I remember those! Some great ideas, I wish you still had your image presentation. I remember this one too: http://www.bluesaga.org/forums/topic.php?id=995&p=0

Are you comfortable with coding, java, etc. like Titou is? Titou made a great little world, put his own spin on things.

I would love to see your vision of Blue Saga PvP implemented into the Classic Server and I think Skull is up for someone hosting the server. I wouldn't hesitate hosting the server with balanced PvP implemented.

Natas posted on 26/05/17 11:39
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Bounty rank:
Sailor
Are you comfortable with coding, java, etc. like Titou is? Titou made a great little world, put his own spin on things.

I would love to see your vision of Blue Saga PvP implemented into the Classic Server and I think Skull is up for someone hosting the server. I wouldn't hesitate hosting the server with balanced PvP implemented.
said Quacky
Idk the first thing about coding. 0_0

Tbh, I think Blue Saga had its day and there's no coming back at this point. I mean, we barely had a playerbase when it was being officially ran and developed, so I don't see how we could do any better without some miracle.

I'd definitely check the game out again if it ever got going, but I'm basically past putting anymore energy into getting it going again.
Pages: 12

Next

Add Reply