Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in /customers/8/e/3/bluesaga.org/httpd.www/include/header.php on line 2 Blue Saga - Free indie MMORPG - [Strange Worlds] Bugs

Back to the forums
[Strange Worlds] Bugs

Kissmyaxe posted on 07/03/17 23:10 - Last edited on 07/03/17 23:12
Quote Post
Level: 16
Server:
Classic Server
BUG POST #3:

Relatively small bugs in this update, but noticed just a few things.

1. Misleading text typo.

It makes it sound as if the Fire Mage Teacher is taking recruits.

2. Incorrect interactions with furniture/buildings in Amiga City.

Examples:

a. You cannot walk on/through some specific carpets, they are counted as solid objects.

Both carpets in Amiga City VIP Suite

This carpet in Grumpy's House

b. Amiga City Potion Shop has a table with ends you can walk through.

Left

Right

c. On top of this tower, if you walk up from the bottom right corner, it looks like you're walking under the floor. It's only specific to this one tile.

Standing

Walking Up

These are the only furniture/building bugs I have found so far, for Amiga City.

3. Zestpond Leaf speed increase either not working or not visible.

Before consumption

After consumption (1)

It doesn't show a change in speed, and I haven't had a chance to test if it actually does change speed. All other herbs/fungi have been tested, and they work correctly.

4. Instant damage spells can be spammed.

Hard to show this in an image, but I managed to do it as a Mage using Energy Burst:

Basically, if you spam click an instant damage spell enough, it'll keep casting (and taking up Mana for each cast too). I have tested and confirmed that it happens with Power Strike and Energy Burst, but not other abilities. I killed this Angry Flower in a few seconds by spamming.

TL;DR: Some furniture in Amiga City doesn't interact correctly with the player, misleading text error, Zestpond Leafs don't show the Speed stat increasing, and you can spam instant damage spells, if you have enough Mana.

As always, thanks for all your work, Titou!

[EDITING FINISHED]
Titou posted on 09/03/17 00:18
Quote Post
Level: 50
Server:
Classic Server
Thanks for the bug reports. I fixed the typo, the herb, and the map problems.
I could not reproduce the spamming abilities problem. Are you seeing that every time, or once in awhile?
Kissmyaxe posted on 09/03/17 02:15 - Last edited on 09/03/17 02:16
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Thanks for the bug reports. I fixed the typo, the herb, and the map problems.
I could not reproduce the spamming abilities problem. Are you seeing that every time, or once in awhile?
said Titou

The way it appears is consistent. You have to spam cast the ability and over (VERY QUICKLY), disregarding the cooldown. About 1 or 2 seconds after the original cast it counts each spam-click as an actual cast, regardless of cooldown. I would call it an exploit. It should be visible if you just spam the ability hotkey over and over on an enemy with high enough HP.
Kissmyaxe posted on 11/03/17 17:16 - Last edited on 11/03/17 17:54
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
There's some issues at the end of this river, where you can walk through and reach the next land mass. I'm not sure if it's intentional:

This is as far up the river I could go:

I can't walk into the ocean though, and the island is empty, so no serious issues here.

Also, found a hilarious bug with the icon of Gronions:

It consistently looks like this, even in the inventory:

Also, whatever these are, you can't actually open/pick them.

One more thing; this wall in the Amiga Sewers that you can't walk through is probably unintentional. Also, monsters seem to be able to go through it when they chase you.

Nemus posted on 19/03/17 23:21
Quote Post
Level: 1
Server:
Strange Worlds
The Skeleton´s in the Cave are bugged too.
Their damage is four and the next time it is 36.
Kills me pretty fast.
madean posted on 20/04/17 08:45
Quote Post
Server:
Strange Worlds
i m a hunter.lv6 now .but why canot equit the the bow and figer gloves .it all just need lv6 to equip.
Skullbox posted on 22/04/17 08:39
Quote Post
Level: 49
Server:
Classic Server
Sorry for the broken client download links on the webpage, it has been fixed now!

Nice to see so much progress with Strange Worlds and the activity in the forums!
Titou posted on 22/04/17 18:23
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
i m a hunter.lv6 now .but why canot equit the the bow and figer gloves .it all just need lv6 to equip.
said madean

I fixed this bug, please try it now.
MageOfPogofish posted on 01/05/17 08:13 - Last edited on 01/05/17 09:21
Quote Post
Server:
Strange Worlds
First of all: Nyan :3

Aside this valuable note I have discovered some bugs which did not got mentioned yet:

1. Intuition not buffable to other players.

2. Bag is at a different position than where you died. Two times it appeared my loot ended up in a barrel. My dropped loot got overwritten before I could retrieve it.

3. A Tripfle is so bright that you can not read the number of how many you got. I recommend either moving the pic a bit, make it smaller or darken/change coulor of that fruit

4. Mapping issue between the panda and the new city where you can walk over ocean tiles.

5. Not sure if it is intended, but the key for trial cave does consume after opening the door.

6. The screen darkens 2 times when moving from the Amiga inn to the VIP suite or vice versa.

7. Green Cap quest from panda does not work: I brought him his desired 8 Green Caps and nothing happens. My assumption is that you blocked this quest because the reward would kinda open a new crafting system which might not be implemented yet.

8. I am pretty sure it is not intended that spiders all over the spider cave deal like 6 damage to you and that you eventually run into one thing that suddenly deals 89 damage! (Spider Queen)

9. That quest 'New Monsters' will not show you how many bones that guy was needing again while checking your quest log in the field.

9b. So you need actually Skeleton Bones :x Not sure if it is intended, but there are many monsters that drop bone-materials. Kinda confusing. From the sounds if it, it could have also been Flower 'bones' (theses roots) or just any 20 bone materials for his collection.

-------
Suggestion/recommendation/requesting section
-------

1. Non-specific Problem within deadly situations:
There are still situations where you run away to a teleporter, ladder, hole, portal or whatever and when you reach it you just get shifted back to another empty spot. You run to your exit again but still just can not enter it and get shifted once more just to be suddenly completelly surrounded by enemies after basicly made it twice to the exit. And no, I do not have time to type /r with 40 health left when facing a 89 damage dealing Spider Queen.

I know why this issue happens, but in a fast paced game like Bluesaga, these situations mean unavoidable death, while evasion is everything.

If you have any idea how to solve it aside better server connections or whatever... then please reply here. This is adressed to everyone.

My only idea to fix it would be something like an instant teleporter that brings you back to at least the last teleporter-tile. To avoid abuse, I would say: it will consume your whole mana and reduce your health to exactly 1 point life. So it will unavoidingly be used with caution since you can not get far with 1 health and need to recover first.
Example: you enter a cave with not further floors inside. You use the escape skill and end up in front of that cave, outside.
Other example: you have a cave with 2 layers. You enter the cave, hit a new floor and inside the 2nd floor you use the escape skill. You will end up at in the first floor in front of that hole that will bring you down into floor 2.
third example: the overworld is pretty large and have wide areas without teleporters. So if you use it in an overworld, you will teleported back to the first tile of a zone. If you just entered Three Springs and you use the escape skill, you will end up with 1 hp at the point where you entered Three Springs.

2. That explorer guild seems kinda shady.
They take your rarest items without paying money but you can pay money to buy items there. And you can not see any buff or bonus anywhere.
If that system is working, could we please get a number anywhere at the stats screen or - better to implement - let these explorer guys say info like 'You have a 4% increased chance to get a stronger item variant and a 10% increased chance to recive an item with a magical attribute'. Right now it is morely a dump for unneeded items, which get filled up pretty fast.

3a. Please add a text, that ship tickets are 1-way only and that they consume after usage.

3b. Please add a confirmation window aside the ship that will firstly ask you IF you really want to move (and use up the ticket) and secondy give an option to select your destination (for upcoming travel destinations).

4. That mage defense skill (Mana Amor) is pretty useless now. I know I once hit maximum possible defense for the lols, but remember that I was doing that on a potatoe field. In actual fighting, the movement speed reduction will force you to eventually let the buff run out in order to continue. Right now it is a very weak amor buff that eats a hell lot of mana, reduces your accuracy immensely and without sleeping and preparing for like 1 minute, you will not even notice a difference.

In short:
The requirements-gaining balance is broken to a point where this skill is useless.

For such high mana cost, you can not really recast it without sleeping, which makes it insufficient as emergency skill during a fight. And the additional accuracy minus one for one normal amor up makes it a horrible trade in general if you are hitting a strong monster only in 60%-80% of your shots anyways - and this with accuracy staves.

My recommendation:
-Leave that accuracy part out of the calculation and work with movement speed only. Once movement speed goes below 0 it can not be rebuffed.
-Reduce mana cost to a value that can be worked with during actual battle. Even only maintaining that skill costs far too much mana to be used mid-fighting. 40 Mana for 1 single defense point is definitelly not worth the trade. My recommendation is something between 3~10 mana. The way it is right now, 3 or 4 mana will do it, to allow maintaining it without sleep long enough till a monster dies that is not dying after 4 hits (where another 3 hits missed).
-Buff the core part of this skill: Defense. with that gamble of having accuracy lost already, there is no need to stick with 1 defense only. Even shields have a better ratio.

My final suggested change for that skill would be fallowing two variants:
A: commulative, Defense +5, movement speed -10, mana cost around 7~11, can only be used as long as amor is 10 or higher. (if movement speed is 9 or lower, then it can not be rebuffed anymore and therefore will end after that last rebuff timed out)
B: commulative, Defense +2, Accuracy -1, mana cost around 2~3, can only be used while accuracy is 1 or higher.

5. Add more info about negative aspects of (buffing) skills.

6. Please increase the range of clairvoyance.

6b. At clairvoyance, please give only the min or the max damage they can deal to me, not a random number within the range.

7. Please add a menue spot for our key chain.

8. Can you give me please a toxic 3x3 AoE skill with 0 initial damage but a DoT effect that will only considers a target's toxic defense? (And the target's evasion chance for applying the debuff) :)
Titou posted on 02/05/17 04:20
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Thanks for the report MageOfPogofish. I will fix the most pressing issues as soon as possible. I've also noted your suggestions and I will try to include some of them in a future release. I already have a few of those in my list, like displaying the key chain, the position problems after entering doors, and the mana armor.

I can also answer a couple questions:
- the trial cave key is consumed when used. That way you can do the trial several times. That gives you a chance to get a different reward each time. (And now sarcophagus can give rare items too!)
- the guild gives you explorer xp. The formula for rare drops is complicated, but each explorer level gives you about 20% bonus for rares. In exchange, the guild can sell the items. If you don't think it's a good deal, you don't have to give them your rare items and you can sell them yourself.

Add Reply