Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in /customers/8/e/3/bluesaga.org/httpd.www/include/header.php on line 2 Blue Saga - Free indie MMORPG - [Strange Worlds] Bugs

Back to the forums
[Strange Worlds] Bugs

MageOfPogofish posted on 16/02/17 15:51 - Last edited on 17/02/17 02:17
Quote Post
Level: 1
Server:
Strange Worlds
(was posted in wrong topic. Skullbox, please remove this post)
MageOfPogofish posted on 16/02/17 17:30 - Last edited on 17/02/17 02:17
Quote Post
Server:
Strange Worlds
MageOfPogofish posted on 16/02/17 19:15 - Last edited on 17/02/17 02:17
Quote Post
Server:
Strange Worlds
Titou posted on 18/02/17 22:31 - Last edited on 18/02/17 22:32
Quote Post
Level: 50
Server:
Classic Server
Fixed a number of bugs reported:
- XP for Nemus is fixed, I restored him to his previous level.
- rare items now have proper stats
- death bag should be fixed. Please let me know if you still get an empty big bag.
- all abilities/skills should be working now.
- reflex requirement is fixed and is now at level 2
- added silver coin trading to more merchants
- quest for 5 scarabs is fixed

I also verified that following was as intended:
- keys for the abandoned tower are at the correct place, but I see that it might be confusion. I will add NPCs with dialog explaining and giving hint in a future release
- I nerfed the magic armor a little. It's working as I intended, but it is confusing and probably imba at the moment. I'll add a limit to make sure it's not too OP.
- ghosts ... are easier than in classic where they had 9999 armor. Try to kill them with a magic weapon, they are more susceptible to magic damage. I will change them at some point, but I don't have time to work on that at the moment.
- NPCs do go silent after you got all their dialogs, otherwise there's not enough space in dialog windows. I'll add a note to allow revisiting older dialogs.
- clairvoyance is working as intended. Magic is somewhat random. I don't have a good idea to make it more controllable besides splitting it into 2 different skills, which I will do later. I do not have any plan to add a duration to it at the moment.
- debuff spells are coming with the next-next update where I will add 6 primary classes (2 per base class).
- key chain window is coming soon
- recipes are coming but not in the next update

Thanks again for the bug reports. Please keep them coming and I will fix the more problematic ones ASAP. You can report them in this forum, or email me at bluesaga.strangeworlds@gmail.com

Kissmyaxe posted on 19/02/17 01:05
Quote Post
Level: 16
Server:
Classic Server
Hilarous bug! I don't even mind!

Doodle posted on 19/02/17 01:52
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Fixed a number of bugs reported:
- XP for Nemus is fixed, I restored him to his previous level.
- rare items now have proper stats
- death bag should be fixed. Please let me know if you still get an empty big bag.
- all abilities/skills should be working now.
- reflex requirement is fixed and is now at level 2
- added silver coin trading to more merchants
- quest for 5 scarabs is fixed

I also verified that following was as intended:
- keys for the abandoned tower are at the correct place, but I see that it might be confusion. I will add NPCs with dialog explaining and giving hint in a future release
- I nerfed the magic armor a little. It's working as I intended, but it is confusing and probably imba at the moment. I'll add a limit to make sure it's not too OP.
- ghosts ... are easier than in classic where they had 9999 armor. Try to kill them with a magic weapon, they are more susceptible to magic damage. I will change them at some point, but I don't have time to work on that at the moment.
- NPCs do go silent after you got all their dialogs, otherwise there's not enough space in dialog windows. I'll add a note to allow revisiting older dialogs.
- clairvoyance is working as intended. Magic is somewhat random. I don't have a good idea to make it more controllable besides splitting it into 2 different skills, which I will do later. I do not have any plan to add a duration to it at the moment.
- debuff spells are coming with the next-next update where I will add 6 primary classes (2 per base class).
- key chain window is coming soon
- recipes are coming but not in the next update

Thanks again for the bug reports. Please keep them coming and I will fix the more problematic ones ASAP. You can report them in this forum, or email me at bluesaga.strangeworlds@gmail.com

said Titou

Thank you very much Titou!
Kissmyaxe posted on 20/02/17 00:39 - Last edited on 20/02/17 02:19
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
BUG POST #2:

I've noticed some MAJOR bugs with the most recent update, based on stat interaction with items/abilities;

1. Equipment appears to give no stats.

In this example, here is a character's base stats:

However, it's the same after putting on equipment:

I'm not sure if the stats are mechanically the same; weapons seem to have correct damage values, but items like Sunset's Artifact do not increase Magic or Chemical Defense, nor Max HP (in the example).

2. Buffs upgrading almost every stat.

In this example, I will be using Intuition, which should only increase accuracy, BUT, it increases almost all stats:

Before:

After:

I can even use Mana Armor, which stacks with Intuition. (Multiple Mana Armors do not stack.)

It seems to be true for all buffs, here's Frenzy creating the same effect:

Before:

After:

I have not tested other buffing abilities, but it is highly likely that they have the same effects. Also, amazingly, all the stat changes in this bug are MECHANICALLY SIGNIFICANT!

3. Herbs not working correctly.

First off, herbs simply do not stack. Along with this, they seem to have the same effect of buffs, along with broken debuffs:

(For simplicity's sake, all the images are after consumption, except the first)

Regular:

Kopako:

Notice: Max HP is not decreased, only HP itself is decreased by 20. If the player is under the effects of a previous Kopako Leaf, they will not lose 20 health from another.

Dognip:

Notice: Max Mana is not decreased, only the Mana itself is decreased by 10. If the player is under the effects of a previous Dognip Leaf, they will not lose 10 Mana from eating another.

Nalpure:

Notice: Max Mana is not decreased, only the Mana itself is decreased by 10. If the player is under the effects of a previous Nalpure Leaf, they will not lose 10 Mana from eating another.

Shorogyt:

Notice: Max HP is not decreased, only the HP itself is decreased by 20. If the player is under the effects of a previous Shorogyt Leaf, they will not lose 20 HP from eating another. Also, it does not give any Fire Defense.

These buffs are MECHANICALLY SIGNIFICANT. (Sorry if I missed a leaf!)

Conclusion:

TL;DR: Equipment gives no stats besides damage values, anything that gives a buff makes you Superman, herbs have incorrect debuffs/buffs, and do not stack.

What a night! I joined the game today and I thought base stats were changed, until I took off my items! When I investigated further with the improved abilities, I was utterly confused. I thought, "What else interacts with stats?" and checked the herbs, they were all messed up! I didn't think I would be on the game for 2 hours bug testing, but it's productivity, at the least.

Apologies for anything here being intended or already addressed. With all due respect, this update stenched of bugs, sugar tits.

[EDITING FINISHED]
Titou posted on 20/02/17 06:52
Quote Post
Level: 50
Server:
Classic Server
Sorry about all that. A small code change broke the stats. I just pushed a fix that should fix the weapons stats. I will verify the herbs and other buffs ASAP.
Kissmyaxe posted on 20/02/17 16:44 - Last edited on 20/02/17 16:51
Quote Post
Server:
Classic Server
Sorry about all that. A small code change broke the stats. I just pushed a fix that should fix the weapons stats. I will verify the herbs and other buffs ASAP.
said Titou

Thanks. By the way, I'm not sure what's going on with negative stats:

12 Base Evasion

5 Evasion? (Should be -3?)

Tested it out, with "negative evasion" I can still evade. Not sure about how evasion works in depth, but you should check this.

Also, I haven't checked every buff, but Intuition increases your Intelligence, and Mana Armor decreases your Movement Speed and Accuracy slightly. These are actually pretty good side buffs/debuffs, I would just suggest documenting them in their descriptions.

For quality of life, the duration of the spell and whether or not the effect stacks (like Mana Armor) would be awesome.

One more thing:

If this is Magic Defense, it's not showing correctly, or it doesn't work. (It should say 10, from equipment, but it stays at 0, even after using Mana Armor.)

Anyway, thanks for your dedication.
Nemus posted on 21/02/17 00:01
Quote Post
Server:
Strange Worlds
Hi,
XP loss/regain seems to work correctly now, didn´t got an Bug so far.

Could you change the Lootdrops behaviour?
If you die run back and die again before you get your stuff back then the old back will be overwritten. -Cannot loot it ever.
That´s pretty annoying if you had 200 Orangas + some stuff in it.

Maybe you should check out the calculation for Hit/Miss. I am Lvl7 and fighting Black Scarabs and sometimes I need over 10 hits, sometimes one to kill them. That range is a little bit big^^
Can´t even think about killing an Slime, it just takes way too long.
If the formula is correct like that, it would be great to think about adding some Skeletons.

Add Reply